TACTICAL ATHLETE INSTRUCTOR CERTIFICATION – June 28 – July 1
Maryville, TN (just outside Knoxville, TN)
Early Bird Price (by May 28): $995
Tactical Athlete Instructor Course (level 1)
Length: 40 hour, 4 days (0700-1800)
Student min-max: 10-20
Course Description: This 4-day comprehensive course will assist participants to achieve maximum fitness levels in minimal time, with minimal equipment. Learn how to systematically perform, instruct, and safely implement this cutting-edge strength and conditioning program that will significantly increase the job-task performance while reducing the risk of injury.
Participants will learn how to apply the tested principles, techniques, and strategies to:
- Master the basic kettlebell lifts and drills
- Excel at pull-ups – and on the obstacle course
- Build high levels of strength – by applying specialized breathing, tension and focus techniques
- Increase the ability to move loads safely, minimizing risk of injury
- Perform at full throttle and display maximum flexibility
- Injury-proof your lower back, knees and shoulders
- Dramatically improve your running times – while cutting back on running
- Maximize different types of endurance and develop mental toughness
- Increase first-step quickness, reducing reaction time
- Enhance the ability to dominate physical confrontations
- Keep a gun steady hand under stress and fatigue
- Achieve maximum fitness levels in minimal time, with minimal equipment
Our goal is for each participant to achieve mastery of the skills presented in the shortest amount of time possible. Learning is accelerated by a variety of innovative and progressive drills – taught in a hands-on, building-block format. Each will become a more effective physical training instructor by understanding and applying the principles of motor skills learning, functional movement, and effective program design.
Tactical Athlete Instructor Course (level 1)
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ #1: What exercises will I learn?
- Joint Mobility
- Dynamic Flexibility
- Agility Drills
- Kettlebell Basics: Swings, Turkish Get-up and variations
- Tactical Flow Drill (H2H)
- Battling Rope Basics
- Weighted Pull-ups
- Dead-lift and variations
- Partner lifts
- Squat and variations
- Bodyweight exercise for maximal strength
- Ring Dips
- Hanging leg raises
- How to Detect and Correct Common Errors
- Program Design
Note: All exercises in this curriculum will be shown with direct application to combatives, firearms, and tactics.
FAQ #2: What are the course requirements?
The Tactical Athlete Instructor Certification course is designed to equip you with the skills to safely teach and administer a comprehensive physical training program. The requirements for this course are stringent, primarily for your protection and the safety of those you train. They are:
• Attendance 100%
• Participation 100%
• Pass all skills on Performance Test
• Score at least a 3 on each criteria of the Instructor Test
- Perform 3 Pull-ups (men: w/ 36 pound kettlebell, women: bodyweight only)
- Pull-up Rules: Start from a dead hang, palms facing away, elbows straight, perform a pull up until front of neck or chest touches the bar, return to starting position. Repeat. (Absolutely no kipping or momentum will be allowed).
- Due to the importance of the material presented in this course, there will be no exceptions to the above criteria.
- If, for any reason, you do not fulfill all the above requirements, you will be permitted to attend another course of the same level for completion. All required criteria must be met before Instructor Certificates are issued. Otherwise a certificate of attendance will be issued
Jeff Martone, founder of Tactical Athlete Training Systems, Inc.
- Served for over 17 years as full-time defensive tactics, firearms, and special response team instructor for the Nuclear National Security Administration and understands the needs of the Tactical Professional.
- The first to implement kettlebell and tactical strength training into a federal law enforcement academy.
- CrossFit’s Kettlebell SME; developed and teaches Crossfit’s Kettlebell Instructor Certification program at CrossFit gyms throughout the USA.
- Served 5 years as Senior Russian Kettlebell Instructor certifying national and international instructors
- Author and creator of: 6 best-selling strength and conditioning DVDs, the Tactical Athlete Pull-up System, Tactical Rings & Grips, H2H Kettlebells Drills, and Superior High Output Training (S.H.O.T.).
- US Secret Service, US Marshals, FLETC, US DOE, FDLE, NM Law Enforcement Training Center, Dallas Police Academy, Albuquerque Police and Fire Academy, Allentown Police Academy, Woodinville Fire Department, Mass State Police, 75th Ranger Regiment, US Army Asymmetric Warfare Group, US Marines, and Jackson’s Submission Fighting.
Tactical Athlete Training Systems
Cage Code: 34BE0